Monday 8 February 2016

Film Comany Idents Analysis


Film idents from Emily Ventress

Many film company and studio idents are based around the sky, predominately night time. However some, such as 5., 6. and 7. in the slideshare above, just base themselves around their logo with a plain background, this obviously makes the logo and name stand out more but I think makes them less memorable. 
When showing people in order to get feedback recently, many of them have been mentioning how they dislike the ident (which was the first one). They didn't like how it's spelt out and we even recorded a member of our target audience saying this in .........
Therefore me and Chloe realised we needed to make something more professional using some more professional. I then downloaded the Adobe Creative Cloud trial and installed After Effects CC (2015) and Media Encoder CC (2015). Both me and Chloe have never used After Effects before and therefore we followed a YouTube tutorial into making the second ident in the video above. Although I liked it I thought now we'd leant the skills that I'd try make another and therefore made the third one. I really like this one and think it looks really professional. It took me about 2 full hours to make even thought it's only 4 seconds long.

Reflective Comment: I like the final ident a lot and am proud of our progression from the very iMovie generically made first ident of the stars. I also am happy we have used After Effects as that's provided experience and professionalism. 

No comments:

Post a Comment